Sunday 17 August 2014

"Portrait of a Heron" posted on @500px gallery

I shot this image during my early mornings shootings around Melbourne City a few weekends ago (refer previous posts). This one was taken at the end of one session, as I was walking back to the car, near Swan Street Bridge. 

I saw this white-faced heron (or egretta novaehollandiae) on the banks of the Yarra, and took a few portrait shots. I really like this one, as the grass by the water gave a nice brown background, that I blurred with a wide aperture (f/2.8), leaving the profile of the Heron standing out.

"Portrait of a Heron"
The photo is also posted on my +500px gallery, at the following link:
http://500px.com/photo/79954861/portrait-of-a-heron-by-gilles-royer

I hope you like it, and please let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment.

Thanks for your visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment