Saturday 4 October 2014

"Portrait of an Hoverfly" posted on 500px.com

Today I was playing outside with my daughter when I noticed a little bug on her. Coming closer, it was an hoverfly, that wouldn't move out. Upon closer examination, I quickly found that this was because of a broken wing.

I went to get my camera - the fly still on my daughter, not scared at all by the "bebete" (French for little bug / insect) - and came back to take a few shots. This one is my preferred one, and one of the few with focus spot on on the eye:

"Portrait of an Hoverfly" (c) Gilles Royer 2014

I also posted it on my +500px gallery under the following link:
https://500px.com/photo/85330385/portrait-of-an-hoverfly-by-gilles-royer

This was a great opportunity to take a macro shot of that fly, otherwise, I don't know how to get those close-ups of flying insects - they don't stay very long on one spot!

If you have any tips on how to take insect macros, please share them!

No comments:

Post a Comment